Assessment Time Frame: Minimum six (6) weeks.
Objective: To provide funding for eligible participants who may attend institutional training from public or registered private institutions for various accredited vocational training programs.
Aboriginal Bands/Tribal Councils;
Not-for-profit employers; (less than 100 employees)
* Aboriginal & non-aboriginal companies (sole proprietors, partnerships)
* Aboriginal & non-aboriginal corporations without share capital;
* Churches and religious organizations;
* Community groups, charitable and voluntary organizations;
* Associations of workers and employers, professional and industrial organizations;
* Boards of Trade and Chambers of Commerce;
* Ad hoc groups;
* Public health and public educational institutions;
* Municipal governments;
For-profit employers; (less than 100 employees)
ALL FOR-PROFIT BUSINESSES/ORGANIZATIONS MUST BE OPERATIONAL FOR A PERIOD OF 1 YEAR OR MORE
* Aboriginal and non-aboriginal companies (sole proprietors, partnerships);
* Aboriginal & non-aboriginal corporations with share capital;
* Self-employed aboriginal persons;
* Federal corporations;
* Provincial corporations;
* Private health and private education institutions.
The client must be status/non status/Inuit, living on or off reserve within the SASET catchment area;
Have met with a SASET employment counselor, to complete a "long term vocational application package"
Is the client un or under employed (working less than 20 hours per week),
The client must complete and sign the Personal Information Form (PIF) and Client Consent (CC) form,
Has the client completed high school, have they been out of school for at least two years:
National Occupational Classification (NOC) linked to employment
Activities, Duration, & Cost
Activities: Accredited Vocational Training Courses.
Duration: Negotiable. Up to 10 to 12 months.
Eligible Costs: the following are eligible costs, subject to negotiations.
- Accredited Training Costs (purchase of training course and materials from public or registered private institutions);
- Participant Allowance:
- Participants collecting Employment Insurance (EI), remain on EI.
- Arrangements if client is on Social Assistance, they remain on Social Assistance during the duration of the course.
- Travel allowances based on individual applicaiton
- Special costs are negotiable for participants with disabilities.
Approval and Application Process
Program Officer reviews proposal content and poses assessment questions to sponsor
Demonstrated eligible participant listing.
Projects under $50,000 are reviewed and approved internally at SASET.
- Projects over $50,000 are reviewed internally and then approved by SASET Advisory Committee at their next convened meeting.
* It takes a minimum of six (6) weeks to assess a proposal.
* The following documents are required:
- Cover letter
- Completed and signed original DCP application
- Band Council Resolution (BCR) or board motion decision sheet (if applicable)
- Copy of instructors/trainers resumes
- Detailed training plan (include dates, time frames, number of hours, activities, and objectives)
- Course outlines and locations for any off-site training
- Specify or outline Sponsor/Partner Contribution
- Completion of participant Long term vocational applicaiton package
- Demonstration of finanacial sustainability during training